Moving Windows from HDD to SSD

littlewit

Bronze III
Hey! So for the last few years my system has been running on a 1 TB Hitachi HDD so I recently bought a 480 GB Kingston SSD to speed things up a bit . So i was reading around on how to clone/transfer my OS to the SSD and i could not find a solid answer , so my question is : is it possible for me to move the OS , browser onto the SSD ? if so how do i do it ? or is there any other way to do it ? Sorry for sounding like such a noob haha Im not really good with software .

Thankssss!!

Arjun Chandran

Bronze I
Staff member
Hey! So for the last few years my system has been running on a 1 TB Hitachi HDD so I recently bought a 480 GB Kingston SSD to speed things up a bit . So i was reading around on how to clone/transfer my OS to the SSD and i could not find a solid answer , so my question is : is it possible for me to move the OS , browser onto the SSD ? if so how do i do it ? or is there any other way to do it ? Sorry for sounding like such a noob haha Im not really good with software .

Thankssss!!
Found a solution, read this> http://windowsreport.com/move-windows-10-ssd/

well, cloning and transferring are two different approaches, and it really does depend on what your trying to accomplish. If you absolutely have software you cant reinstall otherwise (i.e: company software, proprietary closed source tailored software, etc..) then cloning is probably a good way to go, otherwise i would just recommend a clean install, or the lazy way of doing this to just install your preferred OS on your SSD , move all your files to specific folders in you 1 Tb HDD, and then re-link you download, document and desktop folders to point to your folders on your HDD, not only will this increase your SSD life expectancy (less r/w) but its also less of a hassle.

Use "AOMEI Partition Assistant" software. It has an option to move OS to SSD or HDD built in. I've used it to clone , although not to SSD but HDD to HDD and it works great.

Sponsored