This will guide you to compile latest kernel from kernel.org for Ubuntu.
#include<warning.h> #include<Idontcare.h> This guide is to tried out in a machine, which is not your daily driver. When u are confident you can try it on you daily driver machine. I will not protect you against data losses. Be responsible for your own action If you follow this guide there will not be any issues!
The Linux Kernel Archives
Config file - hastebin
- Download and extract latest kernel from kernel.org
- Make a empty file .config in that kernel extracted dir.
- Copy contents from config file (link) to that file
- Open terminal in that dir and run make -j 8
- Now run make modules-install install
- Wola.. you have complied and installed your first kernel!