RSS feed bot
Amazon Japan has started to take pre-orders on Cosair’s upcoming PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD. The MP600 SSDs will ship in mid-July, several days after AMD and its partners start to sell platforms that support the PCIe 4.0 interface.
At press time, Amazon Japan is offering Corsair MP600 M.2-2280 SSDs with a PCIe 4.0 x4 interface featuring 1 TB and 2 TB capacity for ￥36,936 ($320) and ￥66,852 ($579), respectively. Considering the fact that we are talking about ultra-high-end client SSDs aimed at expensive desktops, their prices are not exactly surprising. Meanwhile, keep in mind that these are not their official MSRPs.
UPDATE: Amazon US on Tuesday also started to take pre-orders on Corsair's MP600 SSDs. The 1 TB model costs $250, whereas the 2 TB SKU is priced at $450.
Buy Corsair MP600 PCIe Gen 4 SSD on Amazon.com
According to Corsair, its MP600 SSDs will offer up to 4950 MB/s sequential write speed as well as up to 4250 MB/s sequential read speed when used with a PCIe 4.0 x4 interface, which is substantially faster when compared to modern PCIe 3.0 x4 drives.
Corsair’s MP600 drives are based on Phison’s PS5016-E16 controller as well as 3D TLC NAND memory. Considering that Phison usually sells controllers and NAND flash memory as a turnkey solution, expect other suppliers of SSDs to offer drives very similar to the MP600 family by Corsair at around the same timeframe. In the meantime, Corsair definitely deserves a credit for starting to offer its PCIe 4.0 SSDs ahead of competitors.
We saw a number of PCIe 4.0 drives at Computex this year, so we expect the market to have a sizeable number available in due course:
- Phison’s PS5016-E16 & PS5019-E19: The First PCIe 4.0 Client SSD Controllers
- Corsair Announces MP600 NVMe SSD With PCIe 4.0
- More 2TB PCIe 4.0 SSD Options: Patriot with Custom Firmware coming Q4
- TeamGroup Cardea Zero PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD: Up to 1 TB
- Galax Goes White: A PCIe 4.0 2TB SSD with a White PCB
- Essencore 2 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD Enters The Game
- GIGABYTE’s PCIe 4.0 SSD Uses 77g of Copper Due to 8W TDP, up to 2TB